Under limited supervision, assists the VP of Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability in delivering and implementing strategies that support the overall ESG activities. Provides administration of Global Charitable Giving program, creates and maintains best practice processes to track philanthropic and volunteer activities, and acts as representative of ESG efforts by responding to questions and requests from internal and external individuals. Partners with the other teams to support and ensure a high level of client service.
- Manages administration of the Global Charitable Giving program by following up on meeting decisions and outcomes, communicating and directing funds, and working directly with individual charity representatives as well as RGA local Charitable Giving committees. Assist budget administration for U.S. and responsible for the tracking of funds through the process. Completes reporting for presentations to the RGA Executive Committee and Board of Directors. Act as super-administrator for global portal and resource to local administrators.
- Implements meeting decisions and the distribution of funds from the RGA Foundation. Responsible for communication and follow up with individual charity representatives.
- Serve as super-administrator of the RGA Cares site:
- Maintains and creates contributions applications and automatically-generated messages to applicants and charities.
- Manages administration of the Global Matching program and review all requests for approval. Generate information and provide reports for the program to be used for analysis and EC presentations. Act as administrator for the Global Matching Funds Portal.
- Manages volunteerism events by creating, approving, and tracking of associated hours in the portal.
- As appropriate, acting as main point of contact for questions about certain RGA volunteer or charitable events. Creates solutions to problems giving committee contacts may face, and helps build regional committee capacity.
- As appropriate, shares best practice information and assists with the goals of RGA outreach committees globally.
- Tracks ESG goals relevant to job function, and drives creativity to achieve them.
- Processes and accrues invoices for Charitable Giving cost centers
- As needed, assisting with RGA’s needs in sustainability tracking and reporting
- Continues to develop knowledge of progressive ESG practices and key trends to improve RGA’s giving and volunteerism activities.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years work experience in corporate engagement, charitable sponsorships, volunteer coordination, or similar
- Knowledge of corporate ESG functional processes and best practices
- 2-3 years project coordination experience
- Experience in insurance/reinsurance industry
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Advanced Word and PowerPoint, intermediate Excel skills
- Intermediate giving or volunteerism database and reporting skills
- Intermediate oral and written communications skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
- Ability to set goals, multitask and prioritize workload
- Intermediate investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Ability to foster customer service as needed
- Intermediate interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work effectively with internal departments and staff at all levels and other contacts.
- Advanced attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Advanced ability to conceptualize and design presentations, complex reports and communication
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive and professional image
- Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and demonstrate accountability
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced giving or volunteerism database and ESG reporting experience
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients’ prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
More than anything, RGA employees love their jobs because it’s challenging work. We believe smart people work smarter when they’re empowered. When they use logic, balanced with creativity and curiosity. At the forefront of RGA’s culture is collaboration – a must to be successful within our organization. These are just a few of the attributes we are looking for in an ESG Specialist - Charitable Giving to join our team.
At RGA, we believe that environmental and social responsibility is central to our business strategy. This means operating with integrity, investing responsibly, and adhering to sound corporate governance principles. RGA and the RGA Foundation are focused on advancing the education, health, and longevity of people in the communities in which we operate. Every day, RGA seeks to foster values of inclusion and integrity, charitable giving and volunteerism, and sustainable and environmentally responsible business practices around the world.
RGA offers an array of benefits including flexible plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401(k) plan with generous employer match; Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage; Employee Assistance Program; Paid Time Off; and other benefits designed to provide the flexibility to choose a plan that meets your needs. Pay is based on a number of factors including local market, a candidate’s skills, and experience commensurate with a role, etc. Colorado residents’ salary range: $60,055 to $78,040 + Bonus.