Under limited supervision, assists the VP of Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability in delivering and implementing strategies that support the overall ESG activities. Provides administration of global sustainability efforts, creates and maintains best practice processes to track sustainability activities, and acts as representative of ESG efforts by responding to questions and requests from internal and external individuals. Partners with the executives, managers, and all levels of the organization to support and ensure a high level of client service.
- Manages administration of RGA’s efforts to track sustainability efforts in operations globally. Completes reporting for presentations to the RGA Executive Committee and Board of Directors and external agencies that track and rate companies’ sustainability initiatives.
- Implements decisions and the distribution of resources from department budget to appropriate efforts. Responsible for communication and follow up with individual charity representatives.
- Serve as point of contact for sustainability tracking and energy usage:
- Maintains and creates systems to track RGA’s scope 1 and scope 2 emissions
- Generate information and provide reports for the program to be used for analysis and EC presentations. Prepares sustainability information for quarterly updates and annual corporate social responsibility report.
- Makes presentations on sustainability efforts to all levels of the organization
- Tracks information necessary for reporting to Taskforce for Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) or other frameworks necessary and works with various teams within the organization to collect and disseminate information
- As appropriate, acting as main point of contact for questions about RGA sustainability efforts. Creates solutions to problems sustainability committee or individual contacts may face, and helps build regional committee capacity.
- Researches and shares best practice information and assists with the goals of RGA sustainability committees globally.
- Tracks ESG goals relevant to job function, collaborates with others to identify innovative solutions, and demonstrates creativity to achieve them.
- Processes and accrues invoices for sustainability activities as needed. Works with Finance representatives to track spending against plan and reporting
- As needed, assisting with RGA’s needs in philanthropy tracking and reporting
- Continues to develop knowledge of progressive ESG practices and key trends to improve RGA’s giving and sustainability activities.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years work experience in corporate engagement, sustainability efforts, sustainability reporting, and/or developing
- Knowledge of corporate ESG functional processes and best practices
- 2-3 years project management experience
- Experience in insurance/reinsurance industry
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Intermediate project management skills
- Advanced Word and PowerPoint, intermediate Excel skills
- Intermediate database and reporting skills
- Intermediate oral and written communications skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
- Ability to set goals, multitask and prioritize workload
- Intermediate investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Ability to foster customer service as needed
- Intermediate interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work effectively with internal departments and staff at all levels and other contacts.
- Advanced attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Advanced ability to conceptualize and design presentations, complex reports and communication
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive and professional image
- Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and demonstrate accountability
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced sustainability database and ESG reporting experience
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients’ prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
More than anything, RGA employees love their jobs because it’s challenging work. We believe smart people work smarter when they’re empowered. When they use logic, balanced with creativity and curiosity. At the forefront of RGA’s culture is collaboration – a must to be successful within our organization. These are just a few of the attributes we are looking for in an ESG Specialist - Sustainability to join our team.
At RGA, we believe that environmental and social responsibility is central to our business strategy. This means operating with integrity, investing responsibly, and adhering to sound corporate governance principles. RGA and the RGA Foundation are focused on advancing the education, health, and longevity of people in the communities in which we operate. Every day, RGA seeks to foster values of inclusion and integrity, charitable giving and volunteerism, and sustainable and environmentally responsible business practices around the world.
RGA offers an array of benefits including flexible plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401(k) plan with generous employer match; Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage; Employee Assistance Program; Paid Time Off; and other benefits designed to provide the flexibility to choose a plan that meets your needs. Pay is based on a number of factors including local market, a candidate’s skills, and experience commensurate with a role, etc. Colorado residents’ salary range: $70,235 to $91,360 + Bonus.