"Remote option available"
The Survey Analyst II maintains a maturing understanding of the group reinsurance business, the role of applied survey research to competitive intelligence and the client value proposition. Provides direction for data analysis and actionable items for team and client objectives. Displays consistency in leading initiatives, project management, survey design and data analysis.
- Working knowledge of Group Insurance, reinsurance, or employer group business and/or markets. Ability to work with multi-disciplines and engage on complex topics that may not be familiar. Receptive to learning (quickly) and working with various functions within RGA- take and implement appropriate feedback to move forward.
- Demonstrates proficiency with survey design and administration (building questions that are appropriate to the audience and ensuring correct flow of questionnaires).
- Synthesizes survey findings with focus on group insurance value and value to clients. High level of competency with large and complex spreadsheets- extensive data analysis.
- Contributes to the design and improvement of department projects. In collaboration with team members- develop guidelines for ongoing practices. Assist with mentoring new employees.
- Consistently delivers and maintains accountability on projects- may lead small sub projects that contribute to overall success of larger team initiatives.
- Demonstrates independent critical thinking in project management. Anticipates needs prior to execution; troubleshoots and seeks solutions proactively. Demonstrates ability review one’s own work, identify, and then implement improvements and appropriate changes.
- Compiles learnings at completion of significant projects for communication to affected parties with the goal being overall process improvement. May contribute ideas to the wider work teams within RGA to foster marketing opportunities, problem solving and project delivery.
- Conducts small group presentations for internal (and possibly external) groups and leads discussions on survey findings and market trends.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ year(s) analytical experience in research with large data sets, or related experience in claims or underwriting
- 5+ year(s) group insurance-related experience.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Experience with survey development.
- Group Reinsurance industry knowledge.
- Marketing background welcomed- not required.
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced skills in data mining and data analysis.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Advanced oral and written business communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge.
- Demonstrated customer relationship management skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to set goals, multi-task and prioritize workload
- Knowledge of project management techniques to lead assignments and support complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead and carry out related research and analysis projects
- Ability to work well with small teams; collaborate with research area associates; contribute to group project outcomes; and benefit from constructive feedback.
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate accountability.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of time.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting, and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
State of Colorado: This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $60,055-85,295 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location. In addition, RGA compensation includes an annual bonus plan that includes all roles and maintains a full range of competitive health and life insurance, retirement and other employee benefits.